Apr 5, 2009

Brit? Like....Brittany?

Besides Dachshunds and my husband....I'm totally in love with Bret from Flight of the Conchords. He's the skinny guy on the right. Because, of course, I love Flight of the Conchords oh so much I have this strange obsession with making everyone else on the planet love Flight of the Conchords right along with me. Since most of my friends have already watched FotC (and subsequently will be seeing them live at the Fox April 29th OMG) I have very few opportunities to....spread the love. Cue my father-in-laws birthday.

Now I love my father-in-law, honest to god I do, but he can be a tad set in his ways. He wanted car things for his birthday, and I told him that was lame. One, buying someone something that they want means you put little effort into the gift, and two....well okay lets just cut the shit, I'll take any excuse to shove FotC down someones throat. We went out to dinner, and I gave him the first season. While his other two sons dorkily went to a slot car...thing...we went home and watched the first episode, Sally. and. laughed. I was a little aprehensive that he was going to hate it, but guys, he got it! He thought it was funny! I did good!
Now I have an excuse to watch the whole season again because, you know, he might need help interpreting some things. If you haven't watched FotC yet, stop reading this blog. Now. I refuse to have anything more to do with you till you watch the first season. If you have watched the first season...well...this will make a lot more sense to you. Who's the Boom King? (aka my theme song) Bret actually says my name in this song. *swoon*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak!