Mar 9, 2009

And on the 7th day...

God created Stella.

So, hi. Did I mention somewhere in this blog that I love dachshunds? I think I might have. If not, here is clear proof that I am slightly (just slightly) insane, and this picture is the reason why.

I met a lady that was tossing around the idea of adopting a second dog. She wanted a female, and I went on Petfinder.com in search of a great match for her. Cue Mary Todd. (she's on the right).

Mary Todd was in Quincy, IL at the Humane Society. She's a one year old beauty and the moment I saw her I couldn't quit thinking about her. The lady that I was hoping would adopt Mary Todd ended up deciding that now was not the time. I was too involved with this dog and could not leave her in the shelter, so Saturday morning I drove the 2 hour drive up to Quincy to get her.

So Mary Todd came home with me, and guys, she's a doll. She's all kisses and wiggles. She's housebroken. She loves everything she meets...and she likes to sleep under the covers. The Kate met miss Mary Todd and well, it was love at first puppy kiss. The Kate talked to Joe, and now Mary Todd will be going to live with them. Her name will now be Stella and I don't think that she understands that she hit the dachshund jackpot of homes. I'm sure she might figure it out the moment that The Kate takes Stella to Treats Unleashed with her. It's the dog bakery that she manages. Anyways, here are more pictures of this beautiful girl. Welcome home Stella.




I just had to add that Neville loves Stella. I mean, really. He grooms her, bites her ears, and lets her take his toys. Puppy love. Sigh.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak!