May 20, 2009

Oh, hi there!

me: I have not forgotten about you. Promise! I have just been busy.

You: No excuse.

me: You're right! But I started gruelling summer courses for school?

You: No excuse.

me: Okay...but I grew a strawberry in my garden! Can I bribe you?

You: Strawberries are delicious...mmm...what will you be making with your strawberries?

me: Strawberry. Only one has grown. But I'll share!

You: One strawberry is not going to be enough.

me: But Bitsy severed her cruciate ligament?

You: No excu....her what?

me: Her Cruciate ligament. Her doggy equivalent of an ACL.

You: The Boo? Really... that poor old girl. What on earth have you been doing with her since you've been missing? Throwing her down stairs?

me: No, no, no, I did not throw Bitsy down the stairs. She jumped in the garden and has been hobbling around since. Not bad hobbling, just kindof limpy, you know. She wasn't really committed to acting like she was really hurt so I kindof didn't believe she had hurt herself too bad.

You: Bitsy was limping and you didn't address it?

me: Well, sometimes she can fake hobbling for attention. I took her to the vet though! Yesterday!

You: When did this happen again?

me: mothers day....ish....

You: That was....10 DAYS AGO!

me: Yes, yes, I know. But she wasn't committed to being hurty. She was just a little hobbly, not even all the time! She fakes sometimes!

You: and the vet said....

me: Well, that she snapped her cruciate..

You: I KNOW THAT BUT WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

me: Heh, oh, well it means that it's not connected anymore.

You: I hate you.

Anyways, so yeah. Bitsy totally severed her cruciate ligament on Mothers Day, and yes, I feel like a total asshole for not doing something about it sooner. She was favoring the leg, but never seemed to be in a ton of pain. I have Rimadyl at home for occasions such as these, and I medicated her, put her on strict R&R and gave her some time to get better. After a week she was no worse, but no better, so I decided to take her in to WGAH to see Dr. Britt.

Dr. Britt put Bitsy on her side, fiddled with her leg, and said, " Her cruciate ligament has been severed. I can't believe she's walking!" Needless to say Bitsy Boo has a very high pain tolerance. One that allows her to walk, hop, and ruff-roo her little heart out when she should be doubled over in agony. She's such an amazing little dog.

We talked extensively about the risks of the corrective surgery vs the benefits of the surgery and have decided to treat the leg holistically. She's 13, an anaesthetic is risky enough on a young healthy buck. (Dr. Britt was shocked that Miss Boo was 13. She would have guessed her to be 9, as peppy as she is.)

Oh, and she has incredible teeth thanks to this amazing gel we've been using daily called PetzLife. I have no stock in this company, but seriously, both Dyllan and Bitsy look like they've had a dental thanks to this stuff. It's so simple to use, you just swab some on their gums with your finger right before bed, and before you know it your dogs teeth will be sparkling white. I swear, I've seen it myself. Also, it's all natural. If you're local you can purchase it at any of the four Treats Unleashed stores in the area. If you're not local, contact them on where to purchase it. Really, it's worth its weight in gold. Buy it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak!