Sep 9, 2010

Thou shall not be an Asshole.

Seriously people. It's time to talk. America, you should be ashamed of yourself.  Your tolerance for hate has got to stop.  Last time I checked it was 2010 not the 1800's. News Flash! People are different. That doesn't make them monsters.

You're going to have to learn to deal one way or another.

What is the point in hating another group of people? No really, what your end game? Do you want to put them in their place?  Make them into slaves? Rid the world of their beliefs?  Kill them all off? Change them to be just.like.you? Deposit them on a remote island and never think of them again?

I just don't get the point, and I'm not even trying to be funny. It seems like a whole lot of wasted effort put into something for no good reason. What do you want from your hate? What do you expect to gain?  Could someone please take the time and explain it to me because I'm not getting it...

I can hear you now... but but it's my RIGHT to hate. Free speech! Go America!

You CAN go out and burn Qur'ans. You're absolutely right.
No one is going to stop you.
I COULD go out and burn Bibles.

but

I wouldn't. Even though I don't agree with most Christian teachings.
You shouldn't either. Even though you do not believe in the teachings of Islam, or Christianity, or whatever.
It is just an asshole thing to do. So why do it?

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. Having freedom of speech does give you free reign to run around spewing whatever vile pops into your head.

There are all kind of "thou shall not's" running around the world religions these days. Thou shall not kill, or screw around on your significant other, or steal. How about thou shall not be an asshole? Why is it so hard for people to not be assholes to one another? I'm not talking about having our society be closed lipped and PC, I'm just talking about putting a nanosecond of thought into how your actions have an impact on someone other than yourself. This goes for religion, sexuality, and race.

It's not that hard. In fact, I bet it's a way easier mentality to maintain than hate. I mean, you have to put a lot of effort into hate with no finale... at least by not being an asshole there is a future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Speak!